Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life is short but it's full of life.

Most of us think of doing only one job or work most of our times in our life but do we really enjoy it. Do we think of doing something else than what we are doing. Life is short but we can make things happen that we would like to enjoy doing it. Read this article and you will find everything is possible. :)
He grew up dreaming to make it big as a photo journalist one day but landed up as a journalist. This was just the beginning. Many more professions came along. An Actor, Singer, Writer, Narrator, Guide, Talk show host, Documentary filmmaker and Teacher,  Kunga T. Dorji aka Supe talks about seven different professions he swtiched to, all of which have kept him going thus far. 

1.  Reporter
I started as a part-time newsreader in BBS in 1994. While doing that I took a permanent job in Kuensel and I was doing both the jobs. Those were the critical years of discovery of people and things around. I stayed in the job for five years and left owing to some disagreements with the management of Kuensel.  Journalism is one of the best jobs if you want to discover the world. Doing a different story every day involves meeting different people every day. You never stop learning.
 2. Guide
Then I got into tourism for a while. It happened when a friend of mine invited me to join his travel agency but never got a single guest when I was there. I realized tourism was not the right profession for me.
 3. Teacher/Lecturer
There was an announcement for a Post Graduate Course in Teaching and my family thought I could do it. I felt I could make a good teacher as well.  As anticipated, I did thrive as a teacher and felt it was my calling in life. I served as a teacher for two years and got an invitation to join National Institute of Education in Paro as a lecturer. I jumped at the opportunity and realized I made a mistake. Teaching requires a lot of evaluation and it got monotonous. It was too restricted a life for me and I lost total interest and wanted a way out of teaching.
 4. Editor 
I left teaching and did not have anything to do for a while before Bhutan Observer (BO) started. I started working, as an English editor for the paper and it was one way to kick-start my writing. It was perfect for me.
 5. Talk show Host
People know I am a vocal person. I was in BO when radio valley wanted me to host a talk show and I took it up. Later Youth Development Fund offered me to host a quiz show and my interest in general knowledge made me say ‘yes’. Today, many people know me as a Quizmaster.
 6.  Musician/Singer
Since schooldays I was interested in music. I used to be on and off the stage and was a bathroom singer. While I was in BO, there was a sudden interest in the rock music. I never thought of forming a band but during the coronation celebrations a group of people came up to me and asked me to sing. That is how “Who’s your daddy” was formed.
 7. Actor
It also happened when I was in BO. A friend of mine was making an awareness movie on drugs ‘Wake up Jigs’. I never really considered acting as an option but then another friend of mine was making a serial for BBS and I fitted the role, he wanted me to act in it and I agreed. Then a local scriptwriter wanted me to act in his movie “Wangyal” for which I am shooting now and that is how I landed up into acting.

courtesy: http://www.businessbhutan.bt/?p=7358&cpage=1#comment-13000 

No comments:

Post a Comment